Friday, October 30, 2015

5 Books I'm Looking Forward to Reading by the end of 2015

So there are a few books in my TBR pile that I'm really really looking forward to reading soon!  Some I own, some I want to own, and some I'm just waiting to be released.  Here they are:


First and foremost, I have to talk about Winter, the fourth book in Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer.  It's being delivered to school so that I have it as soon as possible and drop whatever I'm reading right away and join in with my kids during Silent Reading Time!!

 

Next is Serafina and the Black Cloak by Robert Beatty.  I have this one sitting on our dining room table (which we only use when we have company) and I see it taunting me every day to finish the book I'm on so I can get to it.

The Water Knife by Paolo Bacigalup sounds incredibly good and it's been on my list for a few months.  It's one I'd like to have finished before the year is up.  Also, it sounds terrifying and will probably make me more anxious than I already am.  Maybe I should stop reading so much dystopian/post-apocalyptic books... Or whatever.

I recently put 1984 by George Orwell on my list because I've never read it.  Can you believe that?  This is another must be read by the end of the year.

I saw the movie version of Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro on accident.  I didn't realize it was a book when I started to just watch it on TV.  I didn't pay attention to the name and by the time I looked at the title, I thought, isn't this a book?  It was too late.  I was sucked in.  However, that was a few years ago and although it's vaguely familiar to me, I believe it's time that I can read it without thinking too much of the movie.

I have plenty of other books that I'll be reading around these books, but my plan to hopefully finish reading these five by the new year.  Fingers crossed!!

Are there any books you can't wait to read?  Did mine surprise you?

If you liked this post, consider following me on Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus, and please "like" this post below!

No comments:

Post a Comment