Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Summer Reading Plans


I've been out of school now for a little over a week, but I haven't managed to get a summer reading list together.  I do have a crate that I brought from school of books I still need to read, but that's about it so far.

Here are my goals for summer:

1) Read the following books on my "Must Read in 2016" List:


Clockwork Scarab by Colleen Gleason
Hold Fast by Blue Balliett
The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes
Masterminds by Gordon Korman,
Goodbye Stranger by Rebecca Stead
All the Birds in the Sky by Charlie Jane Anders

This is half of the list. I think I can make that happen.  Maybe.

2) Read a bunch of the books from my crate.  




I'd like to say read them all, but I feel as if that's just too much.  I can try to focus on the crate, but reading them all might not be possible.  Good thing for me, four of the above are from that crate!

BTW Me Before You isn't part of my classroom collection--no worries!  I borrowed it from a colleague and so it ended up in the crate in order to make it home.  Better read that one soon so I can return it...

3) Purchase no more than 4 books this summer.

That includes audiobooks.  I will try and focus on the books I already have instead of buying more.  I already know that one of those books is A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir.  Which reminds me: I need to preorder that today. Three more book purchases available for the summer.

4) Re-read the following books:



 An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi

5) Finish at least 3 audiobooks.

I only listen to my audiobooks when I'm working out OR doing something that I don't really enjoy, so this is really a goal that encompasses much more than just reading.  Audiobooks allow me to exercise AND still read, which is what I'd rather be doing.


Those seem like pretty good goals.  A lot, but also not a lot, compared to the massive amounts of books I've compiled in summers past.  Last year I think my summer TBR ended up with 60 books on it.  Needless to say, that didn't happen.  I made it to 20.

Are you setting any summer goals?  Book totals or general goals?  Whatever your goals may be, good luck!
  





No comments:

Post a Comment