Sunday, August 16, 2015

Summer Reading ReCap


Well tomorrow is the day when I welcome 25 kids into my classroom every hour for 7 hours (wish me luck because I'm falling on the floor as soon as they walk out of the room at 3:00).  It's the first day of school.  It's exciting and full of firsts and a beautiful, fresh new start for them and for me.  I'm looking forward to it, but I'm grieving over my loss of reading time.

I set lofty goals for myself this summer, not realizing how little I would get to read with a two year old.  Last summer I had two nap times to squeeze everything into.  This summer I had one--most days.  I came no where near the 45 books on my reading list (I know--what?!) but I did get a lot read, posted regularly on my blog, and discovered the world of Netgalley.

Here is my list of books read this summer.  Click on the picture and it'll take you to the review.

           


         


            



           

Review not yet posted, but were finished in time to be counted as "summer reads"

       


Overall, I'm pretty please with myself!  20 books in one summer with a two year old in tow?
I also have a few picture books I reviewed, but I decided not to include those in my count.  For some reason that seems like cheating.  It already feels a little bit like cheating when I read middle grade books, but it's important that I do since many of my students are reading at that level.


Image Source: Goodreads

If you liked this review, consider following me on Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus, and please "like" this review below!


2 comments:

  1. Well done! You read some terrific titles. I have a couple of those on my TBRs and have read Matched and All the Light We Cannot See. Loved them both. Hope you have a terrific school year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited to see what my students are reading and what books I can find that they'll fall in love with this year!

      Delete