Sunday, May 1, 2016

#SundayStaus: The Rose and the Dagger



Sunday Status is a weekly (ish) post where I let you know what I'm reading and what I'm thinking about it as I go along.



The Rose and The Dagger

Renee Ahdieh
G.P. Putnam's Sons, 2016
Genre: YA, Fantasy, Romance
Source: purchased

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!. So that's what's going on in my head right now.  I'm almost finished and if I didn't have so much grading this weekend I would be finished already.  It's so good!

I was thrown off a bit because there's a lot of mysticism in this second book, compared to the hints in the first book.  It wasn't quite what I had expected when reading it, but I like it.

Shahrzad is desperately trying to find a way to break the curse that her husband, the Caliph of Khorasan, is under.  It's the only way they can be together and she desperately needs that to happen, both for her and her people.  Encamped with her friends and family, who are currently planning a war against the Caliph, Shahrzad is testing her newfound powers and and trying to make her way back to her beloved Khalid.

IT IS SO GOOD!!!


I usually have a few books going on at a time, but I'm devoting myself to TRATD right now.  When I'm finished here I'll divide my attentions between home and school again.

No comments:

Post a Comment