Saturday, May 7, 2016

The Wrath and the Dawn Re-read

The Wrath and the Dawn
Renee Ahdieh
G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers, 2015
Genre: Fantasy, YA, Retelling
Source: purchased
Rating: still 5 out of 5 stars

In anticipation of the release of The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh, I read The Wrath and the Dawn again.  It was just as perfect as before, but this time I was able to take my time with it and enjoy it a little more than I had before, which was lovely.

Even knowing how the book ends, I was desperate to read the next page and stayed up until 3:00 one night to finish.  Foolish, I know, but nonetheless I made that choice happily!

I appreciated Shahrzad's wit and sarcasm and anxiously awaited each interaction with Khalid.  I still groaned each time I had to read from Tariq's perspective.  I tried to look for something in him that didn't make me dislike him so much, but he just keeps getting in the way and being really annoying.

There are few books that I really enjoy reading over again, and this was one of them.  I'm singing its praise to all my book friends and getting them to read too.  We all love it.

Here's my original review of The Wrath and the Dawn if you'd like to see how I initially reacted to the story.  Check back in a few days for The Rose and The Dagger review.

Please follow me if you enjoyed my review!

1 comment:

  1. TWATD is one of my all time favs!!:) I understand how you feel about Tariq's pov, it got a little annoying to me bc shazi was so much more fun!

    ReplyDelete