Thursday, January 26, 2017

A-Z Reading List: N-Z

The A-Z Reading list is an alphabetical list of books, characters, events, places, etc that all relate to books.  Each letter gets a listing.

This second half of the alphabet was more difficult.  I had to really think about words that connected to reading.  I think I did a pretty good job, if you ignore X and Z.  Those shouldn't count, though, right?
**If you missed yesterday's post, check it out here!


N-- New books are my addiction.  I assume that many of you reading this know what I'm talking about here.  :)

O--Recently, I've discovered Overdrive which is amazing!  Seriously.  You can connect to your publish library if they participate, or you can get it through other sources.  I started using SYNC this summer as they offer free YA audiobooks during the summer only.  Then I discovered my library also used this.  Great way to have digital access to books and save some money.  (Is my husband reading this? I am saving money on books sometimes!)

P--Mrs. P-- was my high school English teacher who made me believe that I might actually be good at reading and writing.  I didn't just WANT to be good, but someone believed I was. When I said I was going to major in creative writing in college, she was on of the few people who didn't question if that was a valid major. Confidence was not exactly my strong suit in high school, but I felt like I knew what I was doing in her classroom.

Q-- Queen Levana:  She's as evil as they come.  She terrifies me.  Marissa Meyer did an amazing job of making her truly scary--especially after reading Fairest!  When you read a novel from the villain's point of view, you expect for them have a little redemption, some understanding for how or why they chose to do this.  Yeah...evil.   Here's my review of Fairest.

R--Raymie Nightingale--Both the book and the character are new favorites of mine.  Raymie has such determination, but so much to learn.  Here's my review of Raymie Nightingale by Kate DiCamillo.

S-- Star Wars isn't exactly a reading word.  It has more connection to movies and to the characters.  But I remember being a kid and so into Star Wars that I found a series of books that continued the story.  Yes!  And then I thought, if they could write their own sequels, why can't I?  So I started writing (a very terrible) Episode VII.  I believe it has been lost  and it's probably a good thing now. :)  

T-- Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir-- So I know that the first book, An Ember in the Ashes, was in the first section for E; however I just can't not list this book right now.  It was a perfect sequel! My review for An Ember in the Ashes.

U-- Unhappy is how I feel when I can't seem to fit in time to read on a regular basis.  Not reading truly affects the way I feel. I'm grumpy and irritable until I find time to just relax and sink into a book.  That's why I sometimes stay up too late to read--because being tired the next day is way better than being a crabby and unfulfilled person in life.

V-- Vivian Apple--I love her!  I started listening to Vivian Apple at the End of the World without any expectations and completely fell in love with it!  I haven't read or listened to the second one, but it'll be up next on my audible list.  Here is my review of Vivian Apple.

W-- The Weasleys in Harry Potter are awesome--except for Percy, he's annoying.  Who doesn't want to be adopted into their family and allow Molly Weasley to dote on them?  

X--Xtra reading time at school! (It's a stretch, I know).  I love it when I surprise my students with extra reading time.  They love it, I love it.  Who doesn't love a few minutes more of reading?

Y-- Young Adult books are my weakness.  I love them.  I should be reading more middle grade books since I teach that age group, but I love love love YA!  I am an adult, but I remember what it was like to be a young adult and at times I feel like one too.  Can't convince me that I'm truly an adult--even at 35. 

Z--One of my guilty pleasures is reading zombie books.  I haven't read one in awhile, but one that sticks out to me is Warm Bodies--the book, not the movie.  I also enjoy zombie movies.  I'm pretty certain that if there was a zombie apocalypse, I wouldn't survive, but who knows.  Maybe I've read and watched enough to make sure that I outrun and outsmart those zombies!

No comments:

Post a Comment