Monday, January 16, 2017

Monday Musing: Places I Read



Monday Musings is a weekly post in which I talk about whatever I would like to talk about.  Often it's book related.  Sometimes it's not.

This week I'll talk about the places I read.  There aren't many.

Most of the time I read on my couch in the living room.  I sit with my feet on the table, of I lay down.  Because I've waited for everyone else to go to bed so that I can get some quiet reading in.

I also do a fair amount of reading in my classroom.  I try to model reading with my students during their silent reading.  They see me reading something and actively interacting with a book.  I cry when it makes me cry, I laugh out loud, I gasp.  I very pointedly get up every so often to look up a new word (or one I sometimes pretend is new) and then share it with everyone.   I sit in different spots so some of my friends get a really good reminder of what's expected during silent reading time (silence and reading).  :)

Those are my spots.  They aren't really particularly special or cozy.  I wish I had a little nook.  I would totally make that my own.  Actually.  Maybe I'll work on making one.  I have the perfect spot--except for Christmas time.  It's where our tree goes.  Hmmmm. Lots to think on!

What about you?  Do you have a dedicated reading spot?  A cozy little nook?  I'd love to see your cozy little nooks if you have some to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment