Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Reflections on a Year of Blogging: Goals


It's a celebration of my 1st year blogging.  Today I'll be reflecting and determining some goals for the upcoming year.



These goals are different from my reading goals.  My reading goals have already been determined and can be found here if you're interested.  My goals for this second year in blogging are related only to blogging.

1) Build my twitter following and blog followers.  I have a lot to work on here because I really need more time to do this!  One thing I need to do is keep up on following the blogs I have marked as my favorites.  I try to take time each week and visit them, leave comments, etc, but it doesn't always happen.  I'm working on it.

2) Work on the overall look and presentation of my blog.  It needs work, but I also feel like I need to find time to sit down and really work with it.  I'm planning on tackling that in the summer when more time is available to me.

3) Hold a giveaway of some sort.  I've never done this and it makes me nervous, but I'd like to do this...plus it also will help me clear my shelf a bit!  

4) Get involved in a weekly linkup of some sort that I can sustain.  I've done a few here and there, but after a few weeks, I'm unable to keep up the momentum and it falls away.

There! I think 4 goals are sufficient enough for this year.  We can check back next year to see how well I've done!

Tomorrow I'll be highlighting some of my best posts from the past year.

No comments:

Post a Comment