Tuesday, March 22, 2016

DNF: Dead Upon A Time

Dead Upon A Time
Elizabeth Paulson
Scholastic Press, 2015
Source: purchased
Rating:  DNF


I tried.  I really did, but I found myself making excuses for why I couldn't read and so I had to move on.  It had been almost two weeks and it's not that long of a book.

One issue I had was that the main character goes back and forth between being helpless and looking for a friend to help her, to being overly confident and snarky towards her enemies.  She also worried way too much about what she looks like in case the love interest notices that she looks a bit disheveled.  She even remarks that the least she can do is make herself look good so he has something nice to look at--as if it's her job to make sure he has a good view because that's all she can do.  Ugh.  Made me dislike her right away.  This was at the beginning.  It just went downhill from there.



No comments:

Post a Comment