Monday, July 6, 2015

Book Rave: The Wrath and the Dawn

So this is not a typical review because I haven't had a chance to write one yet, but I could not wait to write something about it and post ASAP!


The Wrath and the Dawn
Renee Ahdieh
Publisher:
Source: purchased on Nook
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

I LOVE this book!  I will be honest at  the beginning, the first two or three chapters, I wasn't quite sure.  As I continued to read, it got better and better.  The first 50 pages I read here and there over two days.  The rest of the book I read in one night, staying up super late to finish reading it!


Here's the Goodreads blurb:

A sumptuous and epically told love story inspired by A Thousand and One Nights

Every dawn brings horror to a different family in a land ruled by a killer. Khalid, the eighteen-year-old Caliph of Khorasan, takes a new bride each night only to have her executed at sunrise. So it is a suspicious surprise when sixteen-year-old Shahrzad volunteers to marry Khalid. But she does so with a clever plan to stay alive and exact revenge on the Caliph for the murder of her best friend and countless other girls. Shazi's wit and will, indeed, get her through to the dawn that no others have seen, but with a catch . . . she’s falling in love with the very boy who killed her dearest friend.

She discovers that the murderous boy-king is not all that he seems and neither are the deaths of so many girls. Shazi is determined to uncover the reason for the murders and to break the cycle once and for all.

The characters will captivate you and make you question their intentions.  Even at the end, I'm not sure who I should trust, and I'm reeling from the ending.  Luckily there is another one coming out sometime in 2016.  The wait will be painful, but it's worth it!  A more in depth review will come when I am able to process it and find the time to sit down and write it in the next few days.

Image Source: Goodreads

If you liked this review, consider following me on Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus, and please "like" this review below!




No comments:

Post a Comment