Friday, July 3, 2015

Teaching Moment: Planner Planning

So I bought my first Erin Condren Teacher Planner this summer and I've been waiting to find a time to play with it a little bit.  As a middle school teacher I wasn't sure how this would work for me.  I teach 4 classes of Literature, 1 Honors Literature, and 1 Study Skills.

It does seem to be more geared towards elementary teachers, but I tried out a few ideas that I think will work for the planning portions.


I used post-it notes to play around with what I want to do so if it didn't work I didn't waste an entire page.  This first one was just a colum for each class period, and the last one was a "to-do" column.   This would be okay, but do I really need to rewrite the same thing four times?



Then I took them off and tried another way, which worked much better.  I just lose my "to-do" list, but I use post-its like it's nobody's business, PLUS there are tons of pages for notes within the other pages, so I can definitely use them for that.  



I was much happier with that so I decided to try it out with some washi tape at the top for the first page.  I like it!  I also put down some post-its there for how I might start to mark off my planning pages for Silent Reading Time.  So far, so good!  I like the way it looks.

Now All I need is to go out and get some more washi tape!  I won't actually set up my planner for real until we get closer to the beginning of the school year and I find out that my schedule is actually the same as last year.  I assume that it will stay the same, but I know if I set it all up now, it will change!

I'll have to update you later on in the school year about how it's working for me or if I had to change anything

If you liked this review, consider following me on Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus, and please "like" this review below!

No comments:

Post a Comment