Monday, July 27, 2015

What's Up Next!

Well unfortunately my summer is winding down.  I don't like to think about it, but I should start working a lot more on school stuff to get ready for the year.  My time to read will be dwindling--especially for the first month or so of school while I try to get myself back into the habit of working my butt off during my plan.  Fingers crossed I can get back into routine quick quick quick!

Where does that leave me with my summer reading list?  Dismally underread.

Not counting the picture books I've read and reviewed (because I just can't bring myself to count a picture book as one of the books I read for my total), I am only at 12.  I had been really hopeful that I would get 25 read this summer...

I still have time, of course, so I might get up to 20 by the time school begins, but I'm disappointed in the number.  I do admit that it's more difficult to read during the summer when you are chasing a toddler around.  :)

So here's my plan for the next couple of weeks:

The False Prince by Jennifer Neilsen


A Curious Tale of the In-Between by Lauren DeStefano (ARC from Netgalley)


Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling  


The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt



All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr



I'm trying to get a few in there that are adult and I know I won't get to read during the school year.  Sigh!  We'll see what happens!  Maybe my husband will take my daughter someplace and tell me to just sit at home and read all day.  :)

Image Source: Goodreads 

If you liked this post, consider following me on Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus, and please "like" this review below!

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed The False Prince and its sequel. I haven't picked up the last book and it's been a while, so I may need to reread the first two before then. Anything by Mindy Kaling is bound to be hilarious. Hope you get a chance to pick up all of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Alicia! I ordered the entire trilogy for my classroom library. One of my former students said it was great, so I got them all and as soon as I read the first one, I'll probably put all three in there--unless I completely fall in love it and MUST read the other two immediately. So far it's good, but not great enough to warrant immediate reading of the sequels.

      I love Mindy Kaling. She's hilarious. I'm looking forward to reading her book!

      Delete