Friday, October 23, 2015

Halloween Board Book: Room on the Broom

Room on the Broom
by Julia Donaldson, Axel Scheffler
Puffin Books, 2003
Source: Purchased
Rating: 5 out of 5

We bought this last fall when my daughter was one and read it to her at night while we rocked her before bedtime. Although it stayed out year round, we only picked it up a few times since Halloween. Until this past month when I started pushing it again.

"How about Room on the Broom? The one about the witch?"

"Hmmmm okay!"

It's the book I pick every other night before bed and the book I sneak into her back pack when we go out to eat. My daughter is fickle--she's two so it's to be expected--but she takes this book and opens it and points to the witch and how she loses her hat, then her bow, and finally her wand.

I realize that this book is over 10 years old, but for us, it relatively new. Next year I'm sure it will seem new to my daughter again, but eventually she'll start to recognize it each Fall as a staple to our reading repertoire.

The pictures are fun and engaging, the story itself is a poem with a great rhythm for young book lovers. I absolutely love it and so does my daughter!

Image Source: Goodreads





No comments:

Post a Comment