Sunday, October 4, 2015

Sunday Status: Circus Mirandus

Sunday Status is a weekly (ish) post where I let you know what I'm reading.  I'll usually share a quote from the page I'm currently on and let you know how it's going. 


Well, I have definitely NOT been productive in the reading realm this week.  I had tests and responses that have kept me pretty busy since Wednesday.  Add in relatives visiting this weekend and I'm still not finished grading and it's 10:00 pm on a Sunday night.  

Therefore, I'm still reading Circus Mirandus because my time at school to read has been filled with student conferences and grading.  I hated grading during our reading time (see why here!), but it was the only way to keep myself afloat this past week.  Next week I'll do better!


Circus Mirandus 
Cassie Beasley
Dial Books, 2015
Source: purchased

"But, he hadn't though the Lightbender would be the sort of person who fidgeted (175)."

The Lightbender is a mysterious character so far and I'm eager to find out more about who he is and exactly what he does.

As I said last week, Circus Mirandus reminds a bit of Harry Potter, however the resemblance is fading somewhat.  I'm definitely interested in seeing where this story leads us because I think it will be different.  There's already some mystery tied up in Micah's family history and a little danger present.




If you liked this post, consider following me on Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus, and please "like" this post below!

No comments:

Post a Comment