Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Top Ten Reasons I Love Fall

Who doesn't love fall?  When I was younger I always imagined that I would get married in the fall and walk down an aisle of red, yellow. and orange leaves that crunched as I lightly tread towards my beloved.  Then I became a teacher and although I briefly thought of getting married in the fall, I scratched that idea off my list because there was no way I was going to plan a wedding while I had to grade and plan for classes.  Nonetheless, Fall is still my favorite time of year!  Here are some reasons why.

1) The colors
In the spring you get flowers and green green grass, but in the fall you get beautiful combinations of yellow and orange and red.  Plus, during the good part of fall (the warmer months) there is still a lot of green to throw into that combination of colors.


2) The leaves
So raking them isn't really a lot of fun (especially when you have as many trees as we do in our neighborhood) but I love the way a yard looks with a layer of leaves covering it.  My husband disagrees and as soon as the leaves really start to fall, he'll be out there raking them up every weekend until it freezes over.

3) The crunch 

I love the sound of leaves crunching underfoot.  You kick your feet through them and stomp on them.  My two year old loves to do this too and it makes me so happy to watch her seek out paths with a large pile of leaves.

4) Apples 

I love apple pie and apple crisp and apple cider and apple cake and anything else you can make with apples.

5) Pumpkins 

Now, I don't like eating pumpkin.  What I do like is decorating them.

6) Halloween
 I love Halloween and love dressing my daughter up in whatever she wants to be.  I wish we had more trick-or-treaters, but even if we didn't, we'll go out to some random events and I'll get to see all the different costumes and it'll be a grand time!

7) Fires.
It's been a few years since we used our fire pit because our daughter never stops moving and I can just see her jumping around and toppling into it...so we'll wait a few years to try that out again.  I miss it thought.  Sitting outside with the flames throwing heat out at you, sizzling the cold away. Perfect!

8) Thanksgiving
The food.  Family.  That's all I have to say.

9) Reading inside 
I love being inside when I know it's cold outside--especially if I have a good book to read.  I'm warm and it's cool outside and I can see the leaves falling to the ground like magic carpets floating down to earth.

10) Cozying up with a good book
This would actually be the best part of any season, so it might be cheating, but we all know the best part of any day is the time you get to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment