Sunday, December 27, 2015

#SundayStatus: Touching Spirit Bear



Sunday Status is a weekly (ish) post where I let you know what I'm reading and what I'm thinking about it as I go along.

Touching Spirit Bear
Ben Mikaelsen
Scholastic, 2001
Source: my classroom library

I'm working on this a bit more meticulously than I normally read books because I'm trying to tie it in with my current curriculum as a read aloud.  That means I'm going back and re-reading sections and writing notes so it takes me quite a lot longer than when I read for my own pleasure.  I want to focus on the themes of survival that we can compare and contrast to those in Hatchet and some other poetry we read the second semester of 6th grade.  

Hopefully this will be added to my 2015 books because I plan on having it all planned out before we get back to school on the 4th, which means I have a lot to do in the next week!  Ahh!!!

If you liked this status, consider following me on Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus, and please "like" this below!

No comments:

Post a Comment