Sunday, January 10, 2016

#SundayStatus



Sunday Status is a weekly (ish) post where I let you know what I'm reading and what I'm thinking about it as I go along.


The Girl Who Threw Butterflies
Mick Cochrane
Knopf Books for Young Readers, 2009
Source: borrowed

A student leant me this book earlier in the year, really excited for me to read it.  It's about a girl whose father has died and their bond had always been baseball--not softball. Her mom is mess, trying to keep it together, but not very well according to Molly. Now, six months after his death, she's not interested in trying out for softball.  She's going to try for baseball.

Just started this on Friday and so I didn't get very far.  So far you can tell both Molly and her mom are grieving for Molly's father, but in their own ways.  They haven't figured out how to talk to one another about it. I'm not a sports book person, but I'm thinking (*hoping*) there will be enough in this that isn't sports related that I'll be able to enjoy it.



The Art of Racing in the Rain

Garth Stein
Harper Collins, 2008
Source: public library

Literally just started this before I started writing this.  I have read one chapter and I'm intrigued.  I've had people telling me to read this for awhile, but I just never got around to it.  So I've jumped in and here we go!  So far, Enzo's voice seems pretty strong and loveable.  I hope that being a dog person isn't a prerequisite for loving this book.



If you enjoyed this post, consider following me on Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus, and please "like" this below!


No comments:

Post a Comment