Sunday, June 14, 2015

Sunday Status: The Ghosts of Tupelo Landing

The Ghosts of Tupelo Landing
by Sheila Turnage
Scholastic, 2014 
Source: purchased

"Desperado Detective Agency's second big case snuck up on Dale and me at the end of summer, dressed in the happy-go-lucky colors and excitement of an auction (1)." 

This is the first sentence of the book and it is everything I was expecting for this second book. Moses LeBeau is fun, quirky, and confident. She is a great character to read about. I only just started, I can tell already I won't be disappointed in the second novel about Miss LeBeau and her friend Dale! 

Oh--and there is a map. I love a good map to help give the setting more focus when there is s lot of movement. If it's anything like Three Times Lucky then it'll be nice to remind oneself of the town layout. 




No comments:

Post a Comment