Tuesday, June 9, 2015

To Review or Not to Review: 1 and 2 star books

I've been having a bit of a conundrum when it comes to books that I don't really like due to the quality of writing, plot, characters, etc.  Do you write a bad review?  Sometimes I feel like it's a waste of my time.  At the same time, though, shouldn't I be honest and cover those books that weren't well done--especially if I spent the time to finish it.  I go back and forth.  

If I don't finish a book, I won't review it.  Not formally.  I may post something brief about why I didn't finish it, but I don't feel like I can really write an honest review if I don't finish it.

What do you think?  If you are giving a book 1 or 2 stars, then do you write up and post a review for that book?  Or is it enough to just not promote it?  


If you liked this review, consider following me on Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus, and please "like" this review below!







No comments:

Post a Comment