Friday, August 28, 2015

Fall Plans for Reading

So now that Fall is here (I consider the first day of school to be Fall, even though it isn't officially) my reading time will diminish.  This summer I read almost every night after my daughter and husband went to sleep.  Now with school, I'll grade and plan after my daughter goes to sleep at 7:30.  Then I usually stop grading/planning around 9:00 because everything becomes a mess of words.  Then if I have the energy and focus left, I'll read for about 30 minutes until I end up stumbling back to the bedroom and falling into bed.

All that means is that I have to be selective and use my time wisely.  I have a goal this year of actually reading with my students during Silent Reading Time (I am really great at coming up with creative names and titles for my classroom, she says sarcastically).  I have always made sure I devoted one day each week to do this, but this year it is a priority.  Why?  Because it's so important that students see you reading.   Also, I've found that if I'm reading, then they're reading.  If I'm trying to grade papers, they're trying to finish their math homework.  So reading it is!

This will give me some extra reading time--awesome!  So I've split my reading list into where I'll be reading: At School, At Home.  This way I don't forget a book in one of the places and get angry at myself for not thinking.

For now, here is the entire Fall 2015 TBR.  But, as you know, I don't always stick to my TBR.  I like to make it interesting and throw a few in there.


Meghan's fall-2015 book montage

Conversion
The Queen of the Tearling
The Goldfinch
Go Set a Watchman
Shadow and Bone
All the Bright Places
Our Endless Numbered Days
The Truth About Forever
The Other Me
In Defense of Read-Aloud: Sustaining Best Practice
Mr. Mercedes
Finders Keepers
The Book of Speculation
The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry
In the Unlikely Event
The Truth According to Us
Uprooted
Language Arts
The Water Knife
Something Must Be Done About Prince Edward County: A Family, a Virginia Town, a Civil Rights Battle








39 total--for now.  Not as crazy as my 60 in one summer. (Check out how that turned out here.)  It's still a lot.  So fingers are crossed.  I need 24 to read my goal by January.


2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Meghan has
read 36 books toward her goal of 60 books.
hide



I need to work on creating Realistic Goals for myself.
What are your plans for the Fall?  Any big goals?  Are you on track to meeting your 2015 book challenge?

If you liked this, consider following me on Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus, and please "like" this review below!

No comments:

Post a Comment