Thursday, August 13, 2015

Top Ten Books I Can't Believe I Haven't Read Yet

What is wrong with me?  I haven't read these?  Do I want to read them?  Yes. They are in my Goodreads list.   Will I?  Well I haven't read them yet...so who knows!

In no particular order...


1) Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee

I've written about why I haven't read this yet here.  I need to get over and read it.  Done.

Image Source: Goodreads








2) Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Yeah, not sure why I've never read this.  I've heard amazing things about it and I feel like I should read it.  

Image Source: Goodreads

3) Life of Pi by Yann Martel

Possible a cheat because I've tried to read this--twice.  I can't get past the first 20-30 pages.  I feel like it's something I should want to read, and I kind of do.  I feel like I should like this book, but do I need to waste another week on a book that hasn't worked for me the past two times I tried it?

Image Source: Goodreads


4) Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

I originally put this on my list because of the cover.  I think it's gorgeous, and I want to read it!  I want to get to it.  Might be a priority for this semester.

Image Source: Goodreads


5) Splintered by A.G. Howard


I've been getting more into the retold fairy tales lately.  Plus, I love this cover!

Image Source: Goodreads
6) The Good Girl by Mary Kubica

I've seen this book all over the place and from the moment I saw, I was interested in it almost immediately.  It sounds intriguing and mysterious.  One day.

Image Source: Goodreads







7) Fairest: Levana's Story by Marissa Meyer


 WHY?  WHY haven't I read this yet?  Because I'm afraid?  Maybe.  I don't know, but I've been putting it off.  Maybe I want to stretch it out until Winter comes out.  I don't know, but somebody needs to get on top of things already!

Image Source: Goodreads






8) Serafina and the Black Coat by Robert Beatti

So this only recently came out and I only recently heard of it, but I've been thinking about it since I learned of it.  I will be reading it soon--very soon, but not soon enough!  Also, the cover!  Seriously people, who are you incredibly talented designers creating all these beautiful images?

Image Source: Goodreads 




9) The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein

I know.  I know.  Everyone has told me about this book.  People who I would call "readers" have asked me about this book.  I need to try it.

Image Source: Goodreads








10) The Water Knife by Paolo Bacigalupi

This sounds deliciously dark and dystopic and a little scary.  I think it's the scary part that keeps me at bay.  But it sounds so good!

Image Source: Goodreads


So I'm thinking that the best idea would be to make these my first priority for fall.  That means when I finish my next two TBR books, I will start with this list.   

What books are left in your TBR that you're shocked haven't been read yet?  Have you already any of the books on my list?  Opinions on which one I start reading?



If you liked this review, consider following me on Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus, and please "like" this review below!


No comments:

Post a Comment