Friday, April 24, 2015

Week In Review

It's been a week!  And not a great one for reading.  I've been a bit over run with grading and planning this week and have only managed to read about 150 pages!  Not good.

So here's what I'm reading right now:




Station Eleven is what I've been spending the most time reading.  It's on my nook, though, so I can't read it until my daughter is asleep (which means family reading time needs another book).  So far it's interesting and I'm intrigued by the different points of view.  However, I'm really waiting for some kind of meaning and reason behind all of these different connections between the many characters.  I'm afraid that it won't happen, though.  Fingers crossed.  The writing is very beautiful, though, so even if there isn't some kind of meaning or reasoning that's reveals, I won't be completely disappointed.

Eleanor & Park is the book I've been reading at school.  I always have a hard copy book at school because we aren't one-to-one and students aren't allowed to being electronic devices, including ereaders.  If they can't have them, I don't bring mine.  I've only gotten to read it about a total of 10 minutes this week, so I don't have much to say about it, yet.  When I finish Station Eleven, I won't begin a new book until Eleanor & Park is also finished.


Goals:
In order to grow, we must have goals to work towards.  Without those goals, we just flounder.


  • Post M-F throughout April. (3/4 weeks)
  • Post a total of 5 reviews in April (4/5)

I have come to realize that I have to pull back a little on the number of posts.  It's only been three weeks, but keeping up with it all has been a bit stressful.  I think that after April is over, I will be cutting back to three days a week.  I'm hoping to have more quality posts that I've had more time to actually think about and spend more time with before posting.  

In the summer I might have more time to devote to writing.  

How did you do this week?  What do you want to accomplish for next week?   

No comments:

Post a Comment